Skip to main content

Do we need middle-men for GOD?

Do we need middle-men for GOD? -21 April 2005

Hi Friend,

Do we really need middle-men or so-called swamiji's to connect with God?!

My answer is a big NO, when these middle-men step beyond their limits of being a preist and becomes a God-men!

I visualise them as vessels that carry water! The vessels have to be empty if it has to carry what it is supposed to! Here I relate the emptiness to the deatchement these

people should have towards the worldly pleasures. When I said Pleasures - I didn't mean about eating good food, living a normal life (read as -married life including SEX).

These guys should act as a Guru/teacher who dedicates part of his life in understanding the depths of religion that he belongs to, the rites and rituals (with meaning), value of

the system etc. This learning should make him EMPTY, or detached from qualities like happiness/sad, jealous etc. Then he is qualified for preaching us what life is all about

and how GOD can be reached through them.

One more analogy I would like to use is that these guys should act like a copper wire conducting electricity! They only conduct it, but can never become IT or even like IT!!!

When someone crosses this limit and try to behave like GOD himself and expect the respect/rituals that is given to GOD, then these guys can be certainly called as

GOD-BROKERS rather than Swmaijis. In rcent times we have seen many such guys getting jailed and punished for many wrong-doings -including sexual mis-behaviours.

What a shame!!!

Donot give any importance or respect (read as Fear sometimes) more than what these guys deserve! Like the servants of government these guys are also just doing their

duty and for that pay only TIPS not salaries/gifts!!!

If you agree with me on these, next time when you visit a temple/god-man, do not worship him, but just wish him!

Waiting for your comments,

Hari
21 April 2005

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building My Duplex House - Part One - Commencing Work...

Folks, Finally the good news is here to announce.  I have started construction of my dream house in Bangalore.  It all started early this year (2008)! I visited my daughter's friend Janani on a weekend and shared her father's experience in building their duplex house in a 30x40 sqft plot. I liked the house especially the sun-light passing staircase. That's when I decided to go for my own house. Luckily I bought a 30x40 plot near Electronic City - Singasandra village in the year 2003 for a throw-away price (now). After 4+ years the value of the land in those areas have skyrocketted - almost 7 times.  Then I got in touch with my architect - referred by Janani's father - in  M arch 2008.  Went through couple of round of discussions on the plan, saw some basic samples and then confirmed his services in  April 2008  by paying a decent advance. (The cost the architect's charge is based on the building costs - but I negotiated for a fixed cost as the actual costs will vary

Kerala Trip 2009: Munnar, Thekkady, Alleppey (Slide-show)

Took off to Kerala for 5 days (21st Sep to 25th Sep). I have been planning for a Kerala trip for quite sometime and finally got a chance to do it! Kids were at home for pooja holidays and I got my leave approved for a week. What else? We travelled to Kerala - Munnar, Thekkady and Alleppey. I didn't want to drive from Bangalore and hence decided to take the air route to Cochin and then a package tour option through CocoKerala! All went well and the rain gods didn't interrupt us too much. Day 1: Bangalore to Cochin by Go Air, no frills airline. From Cochin to Munnar by road (Tavera, SUV). Day 2: At Munnar. Took a whole body massage, very refreshing! Then to Mattupetty, Kundala dam. Day 3: From Munnar to Thekkady. Elephant ride and Spice garden visit Day 4: Early morning boating at Thekkady. Spotted some wildlife up-close. Elephants, fox, deer, wild-pigs etc. By road to Alleppey and checked in to House-boat at Punnamada, Alleppey. Ride along the paddy fields - breathtaking! Stayed